Sunday, March 15, 2009

Scripture for Memory and Meditation #6

Isaiah 50:4 NIV
"The Sovereign LORD has given me an
instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught."

My husband says I've been blessed by God to be "a listener." He says people have always come out of the woodwork to talk to me about life issues and
sometimes just to talk. I rarely go to the grocery store without a stranger
stopping to talk to me about something from "what isle is the olive oil on?
And then continues with "my wife sent me to the grocery store and I'd better come home with the right stuff. We've been married for 53 years and she is the love of my life. We met..." I've been sitting at the doctors office when someone starts telling me about their painful memories of serving in WW II or Vietnam. Often people come to me to share their struggles and
want a word from me from the heart of God.

I don't say this in arrogance as I have too often carried the many burdens brought to me until I learned to release them to God. It just seems to be an area where God has me serve Him and I'm thankful to serve Him this way. I used to worry that I might have directed someone wrongly or that I didn't fully understand the issue, and then God gave me this Word from Isaiah 50:4. I now pray to have an instructed tongue, to know the Word from God to sustain the weary.

All to His Glory!

2 comments:

A Stone Gatherer said...

I don't see you as boastful, I see you being obedient!

Cindy said...

Hi Trina,

Thanks for stopping by. I love getting to know new friends through the world of blogging.

What an awesome ministry you have. There is no telling this side of Heaven how many people you have touched with your gift of listening.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Cindy