Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Doodler of My Life

I was driving down the street today and my mind was camping around expectations in this newest season of life~my expectations of myself, the expectations of others of what a "good life and productive life" should be, expectations of society of what is "the thing to do" with your life.  As usual my thoughts were becoming quite conflicted and overwhelming on the topic, feeling pulled this way and that. 

Suddenly, I felt God telling me that all of those "other" expectations were not what I should be considering.  I saw a vision of my grandkids Doodle Pro (new version of the old Etch-a-Sketch).  The Doodler has a bar along the side, when slidden across, erases the content of the board.  I saw scribbles all over the little pink Doodler, representative of  "expectations",  and then the bar slid across, all content gone, the board cleared and it was like God was telling me,

                    Now let's start with My vision for you for this season, the path I have for you". 

Enough said.  One Word from God and peace came and my heart settled.  I don't know the content of His vision for me during this season, but He does and He'll be faithful to draw it out for me in the ways and times that He sees fit.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Great analogy. I also like the "clean slate" image that it offers. Looking back through the years, I'm so glad that God doesn't allow us to look too far ahead. Just think of the joys we would miss and the anxiety that we would be subject to, needlessly.


Psalm 119: 105-06
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I will keep thy righteous judgments.

I love these verses, and once heard them explained in the context of light. He gives us a "lamp", which only casts a beam wide enough for our next step or two, rather than enough light to see our entire journey in one glimpse. The sentiments expressed are very comforting.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...

Love,
Sandy

Unknown said...

Stormie Omartian had a book, "Just Enough Light for the Step I'm On"