Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Your True Identity

I read this piece of encouragement today from Joyce Meyer:

"Each one of us is a rare, one-of-a-kind person, with a God-given destiny to fulfill-a unique call that only we can carry out. But in order to reach our full potential and truly succeed in life, we must learn to accept ourselves for who we are.

The foundation for success is knowing who we are in Christ. This is our true identity. This understanding comes through learning what God says about us in his Word and then getting our mind and mouth in agreement with it. As you and I begin to think and speak the things that God says about us instead of focusing on our weaknesses [or the lies the enemy whispers in our ears through our subconscious minds or through the words of others], we will find the freedom to be ourselves and be the best we can be in all areas of our lives."

1 comment:

Heather Bennett said...

Trina,
How perfect for me today! I have been struggling and struggling over a message that I'm supposed to bring to the ladies in my church this evening about God's BIG dreams for their lives. How difficult it is to tell others, when I am still struggling with accepting His BIG calling in my life. But how wonderful it is to know who I am in Him. I am a child of the KING! Able to do all things through Him. Thanks for sharing!
Heather