Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Scripture for Memory and Meditation #3 (#1 and #2)

Scripture for Memory and Meditation #3
Song of Solomon 2:14 NIV
"Show me Your face,
Let me hear Your voice;
for Your voice is sweet,
and Your face is lovely."

I don't know how many of you have been blessed to be in a Beth Moore study, but I know I have been over and over! Beth has a blog that she and her two young married/mom daughters write on. I found it last week. I've been blessed, challenged, and entertained already. I'm sending you the link that begins in January, 2009. They are even doing a scripture memory "thingy". I think she posts those on the 1st and 15th. I'm starting with January 1 and trying to catch up to date on the blog so I can follow what's going on. It may take me a couple of weeks to get up-to-date, but it's been fun. Thought some of you might enjoy their short blogs during spare minutes of your day. http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/2009_01_01_archive.html

I'm playing catch-up so here are my first two scriptures to memorize so I can memorize 24 scriptures from God's Word by the end of the year.


Scripture for Memory and Meditation #1
"Isaiah 33:6 NET
"He is your constant source of stability;
He abundantly provides safety and great wisdom;
He gives all this to those who fear Him."

Scripture for Memory and Meditation #2
Psalm 63:6 NIV
"On my bed I remember You. I think of You through the watches of the night."




ABOUT SNIPPETS

I send out an email about once a week (no regular schedule) called "Trina's Snippets". It began in 2003 when I was reading and thought of all the insights I've received from reading Christian writers. I've always highlighted and underlined things that stood out to me so I decided to send a short quote to friends every so often. That list of recipients has grown and many, if not most, of the people I've never met. Some of those have since emailed me and we've become friends through email. It's been a real blessing to me. I'm inserting into this post one of the recent Snippets. It is a prayer by A.W. Tozer from "The Pursuit of God". I think it is a beautiful expression from a hungry heart.

Trina's Snippets
The Pursuit of God
A. W. Tozer

“O God, I have tasted Your goodness,
and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more.
I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace.
I am ashamed of my lack of desire.
O God, the Triune God, I want to want You;
I long to be filled with longing;
I thirst to be made more thirsty still.
Show me Your glory, I pray, that so I may know You indeed.
Begin in mercy a new work of love within me.
Say to my soul, `Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.'
Then give me grace to rise and follow You up from this misty lowland where I have wandered so long.
In Jesus' name, Amen.”
*"Snippets"--clips, morsels, fragments from something
I've read recently...something that has ministered to me
or someone else. They may simply be something God has
impressed upon my heart to send. They are meant
to encourage, challenge, and cause us to ponder.
They may even cause you to run to the nearest
Christian bookstore and pick up a copy
of the book they are snipped from.
If you forward "Snippets" to anyone,
please send it in its entirety,
not deleting the original source or author.

No comments: