Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Scripture for Memory and Mediation #18 AUTUMN

Isaiah 55:12 NIV

"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field with clap their hands."


Okay, this may seem trivial, but I turn 50 this month. One day I'm at peace with this changing season or my life and the next I want to hold it at bay. As the earth season is now changing from summer to fall, I feel in a sense that my life is going from summer to fall. I have never worried about a birthday before this one and I have been determined for the past 350 plus days (since turning 49) that I would not succumb to being blue over this one. I don't fear death or anything like that, I'm just seeing this birthday as a real change of season for me and I've had a few bouts of the blues. Praise God though, He is faithful to lift me out of this place quickly.

I've always loved this scripture, Isaiah 55:12, because it speaks of joy and hope in change. God first laid this Word on my heart when I left my hometown to move with my husband's job promotion. I looked at it as a God adventure.

Even as I'm writing this and thoughts of this becoming the autumn of my life, I am reminded that every day for the past two weeks with cooler weather I've exclaimed that I love the fall and I love the change of season. I think God may be trying to tell me something. (Big smile)

Maybe this autumn season is going to be my most favorite of all since it is my most favorite season in the earth cycle. Today, I go outside and stand in the fall weather and lift up my head to the heavens and exclaim, I will go out, from the spring and summer seasons of my life, with joy and in the presence of my loving Father, I am being led forth in peace. This will be a most joyful season and the mountains and hills will burst into song before me and the trees of the field will clap their hands.

I love autumn!

No comments: